Woodstock, MD Personal Insurance Advisors
The town was established by charter in March 1761 as a part of what was then Frederick County. It was originally formed by a land grant from Lord Fairfax, and founded as Miller Town in 1752 after founder Jacob Miller. The town’s charter was sponsored by George Washington in Virginia’s House of Burgesses. Woodstock has been the County Seat of Shenandoah County, since the County’s formation.
In 1795, the courthouse, designed by Thomas Jefferson, was built using native limestone. The courthouse, located on Main Street, is the oldest courthouse still in use west of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The town of woodstock is known for its many local businesses as well as corporate companies in the area. The center of the town brings a lively atmosphere were you can smell a thriving county economy. Many corporate companies have been known to settle for woodstock , Virginia. Given the good real estate opportunity as well as surrounding counties. the construction here has not seemed to stop any time soon, rather.
In the late 1770s, John Muhlenberg was pastor at a Lutheran church located in the heart of Woodstock. As a famous story of Muhlenberg has it, at conclusion of his farewell sermon on January 21, 1776, Muhlenberg threw off his clerical robes to reveal an officer’s uniform beneath and shouted, “there is a time to pray and a time to fight…” With that declaration, the story says he then called for volunteers to join the 8th Virginia Regiment under his command.